Friday 26 August 2016

Photos: Virgin Billionaire Richard Branson Involved In Bike Accident


Billionaire Richard Branson has told of the horror moment he feared he would die after smashing head-first onto the road during a high speed bike crash.

The adventurous tycoon was on a training cycle run with his two grown up children on the British Virgin Islands when disaster struck.

Richard revealed: “I went cycling on Virgin Gorda with Holly and Sam as part of my training for the Virgin Strive Challenge. I was heading down a hill towards Leverick Bay when it suddenly got really dark and I managed to hit a ‘sleeping policeman’ hump in the road head on. The next thing I knew, I was being hurled over the handlebars and my life was literally flashing before my eyes.”


The Virgin boss who escaped a run in with a deadly stingray just a few months ago said he genuinely thought he’d finally run out of lives.

“I really thought I was going to die. I went flying head-first towards the concrete road, but fortunately my shoulder and cheek took the brunt of the impact, and I was wearing a helmet that saved my life ,” he said.

After the crash Richard was rushed to Miami for X-rays and scans where it was revealed he had suffered a cracked cheek and some torn ligaments.

“I hopefully will be able to complete the Virgin Strive Challenge next month. My biggest hardship is having to drink tea out of a straw. Oh, and being called elephant man by a six year old!,” he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment